Canada Life GroupNet for Plan Members Access Agreement
To complete the registration process you must read and agree to the following terms and conditions.
The online information and services available to you via ("GroupNet for plan members") are governed by this Canada Life GroupNet for Plan Members Access Agreement (the "Agreement"). Please read the terms and conditions carefully, as by registering for GroupNet for plan members, you will be deemed to have agreed to them. The terms and conditions of this Agreement are subject to change without notice to you, so we recommend that you review it regularly. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement, do not register for GroupNet for plan members.
By registering for GroupNet for plan members, you are also confirming that the information that you have entered to confirm your identity in the registration process belongs exclusively to you and that you are registering only your own account.
Access and use of Canada Life GroupNet for plan members
- Canada Life authorizes you to access and utilize GroupNet for plan members solely for the purpose of transacting business with Canada Life. In order to register, you must have reached the minimum prescribed age in the jurisdiction in which you reside. Canada Life reserves the right to suspend or terminate any services provided under GroupNet for plan members if you violate any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement.
- Any information or transaction accessed, transmitted or performed through GroupNet for plan members which is related to any third-party product or service shall be subject to any terms, conditions or restrictions applicable to such product or service.
Use of email address and password
- Upon registration, you will select an email address and password which shall constitute your electronic signature ("Electronic Signature") when you use GroupNet for plan members. You acknowledge and agree that your Electronic Signature is the legal equivalent to your written, signed instructions and you authorize Canada Life, any of its affiliates, or any other third-party as applicable, to execute any instructions which are provided pursuant to your Electronic Signature.
- You agree to take appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality of your Electronic Signature, including those listed below in the “Your responsibility” section of this Agreement, and to prevent any misuse of your information. You agree to notify Canada Life immediately if the confidentiality of your email address or password has been compromised or if there has been unauthorized use of your Electronic Signature.
- You agree that the web pages you access shall constitute written documents. This means when you follow online instructions and click or otherwise electronically activate "accept", "register", "submit", "continue", "ok" or any other similar buttons on such pages, except as otherwise specifically indicated, these carry the same legal effect as if you had signed and delivered hard copy versions of the documents to Canada Life.
- Canada Life shall not be required to verify the actual identity or authority of any user of your Electronic Signature. You agree to be liable and hold Canada Life harmless for any loss caused as a result of or in connection with: (i) any authorized use of your Electronic Signature, and (ii) any unauthorized use of your Electronic Signature that results from your failure to protect the confidentiality of your Electronic Signature, including but not limited to any transaction performed, or information obtained through such use.
- GroupNet for plan members, in whole or in part, may periodically be unavailable to you in order to allow for maintenance or updates, or due to other causes, including causes beyond the control of Canada Life. Further, any or all of the GroupNet for plan members services may change at any time, with or without notice to you.
You have an important role to play in ensuring your login information is kept safe.
- Your password must be kept confidential; do not share it with anyone and take precautions that no one can see your login information when logging on.
- Do not create a password that would be obvious or easy to guess (e.g., '12345' or 'password').
- Memorize your password. If you must record it on paper, keep it in a safe location and do not store your email address and password together.
- Change your password from time to time.
- Do not leave your computer or other electronic device unattended when you are logged on. Always sign off if you are going to be away from your computer or other electronic device, even for short periods of time.
- Email is not encrypted; therefore it is not recommended that you send any personal or confidential information to Canada Life or any third party by email (e.g. password).
- All transaction records for GroupNet for plan members transactions are subject to verification and acceptance by Canada Life. Such records, whether electronic or otherwise shall be conclusive and binding on you for all purposes in the absence of clear proof that the records of Canada Life are incomplete or incorrect.
Cancellation of GroupNet for plan members
- You may cancel your access to GroupNet for plan members at any time by providing Canada Life at least thirty (30) days’ prior written notice.
- Canada Life may cancel any or all of the services provided by, or your access to, GroupNet for plan members at any time without notice to you. Canada Life shall not be liable for any loss, damage or inconvenience that may result from cancellation.
- This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Manitoba and the laws of Canada applicable therein and you agree to attorn to the jurisdiction of the Province of Manitoba.
- If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the terms and conditions of this Agreement and those of any predecessor agreement relating to any access method offered by Canada Life, this Agreement will prevail.
- This Agreement is binding on you, your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors and assigns.
- If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability attaches only to such term or condition and all other terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- You requested that this Agreement and any related documents be in English. Vous reconnaissez avoir exigé que cette convention et les documents s'y rattachant soient en anglais.
Quebec administrative services only (ASO) plan members
- If your plan is administrative services only and Quebec law applies, the benefits referred to in this communication are not under the supervision and control of the Autorité des marchés financiers.
Individual health plan members (PlanDirect, Prelude and Sonata)
- Every action or proceeding against an insurer for the recovery of insurance money payable under the contract is absolutely barred unless commenced within the time set out in the Insurance Act (for actions or proceedings governed by the laws of Alberta and British Columbia), The Limitations Act (for actions or proceedings governed by the laws of Saskatchewan), The Insurance Act (for actions or proceedings governed by the laws of Manitoba), the Limitations Act, 2002 (for actions or proceedings governed by the laws of Ontario), or in other applicable legislation. This time period may differ by province or territory but in most jurisdictions it is two years from the date you knew or ought to have known of the loss or occurrence. For those actions or proceedings governed by the laws of Quebec, the prescriptive period is set out in the Quebec Civil Code and is three years.